Job Title: Crane Technician
Reports To: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The primary function of this position is to determine the status of service needed for various crane construction equipment and perform the necessary service, preventative maintenance, repairs, replacements, installations, or re-building of parts to restore the equipment to proper operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive work assignment from the Dispatcher.
- Understand and verify all necessary information (directions, contact name and phone number, scope of repair, required tools, etc.).
- Perform repairs in a safe, responsible, professional, and quality manner.
- Properly and completely fill out paperwork (time cards, field / shop service reports, warranty information, expenses, etc.) and submit daily when possible.
- Communicate daily the status of the job and advise Dispatcher of any repairs that are in addition to the original scope of the work requested.
- Look up repair parts efficiently and effectively when possible.
- Efficiently and effectively complete job (return unused parts, tag warranty parts, clean work area, disposing of waste oil & filters, etc.).
- Load and unload equipment as necessary.
- Advise Service Manager and Dispatcher of needed and necessary equipment or information required for technicians to safely perform repairs.
- Maintain company departmental / interdepartmental equipment as needed or requested (p.m. maintenance, washing service dept. trucks, cleaning up our shop, etc.).
- Assist customers via telephone as requested by the Dispatcher.
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team environment.
- Other duties as deemed necessary to insure the successful on going operations of the department and division.
- Responsible for safely, responsibly, and professionally, performing the highest level of quality in conduct and workmanship for all duties assigned.
- Perform repairs on customers machine as needed and do all levels of PM’s as needed.
- Furnishing necessary hand tools to perform the scope of work that is assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/certificate or equivalent
- Must have an extensive knowledge of standard hydraulics and electrical systems, including can bus electrical systems.
- Must be strong in hydraulic and electrical trouble shooting, which includes the ability to read hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- A general knowledge of crane fundamentals and operations is a must. This includes crawler, hydraulic truck and rough terrain cranes.
- An individual should have basic welding and cutting torch skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate with customers and team members.
- Discuss technical issues with customers, technicians, and manufacturer.
- Must be able to draft letters, quotes, or other necessary correspondence.
Basic computer skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Please email your resume to our hiring team and we will reach out to you shortly!